Medical Assistant (sca4212-cc)
Health Care | Houston, TX | Full Time and Part Time
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Medical Assistant. The position offers a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience while working at a premiere Medical Center focusing on medical education and biomedical research. The position provides for a great work/life balance.
Join our Team! Make a difference in your community. We encourage you to apply and discover more about this opportunity. Upon applying and meeting the qualifications, we will reach out to you and answer any further questions you may have about this opportunity.
Functions as a member of clinical team performing a supportive role in the delivery of patient care that is safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient and equitable.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of an approved Medical Assistant training program
- One year of related experience
- Use and care of standard clinic equipment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified
- Certification (CMA, RMA, CCMA, NCMA) preferred
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction.
- Effectively participates in planning and preparing for patient visits ensuring appropriate schedules, test results, and clinic specific requirements are available.
- Rooms patients consistent with clinic needs while determining and documenting chief complaint and reason for visit, vital signs, medication list, allergies, smoking history and other information as required by clinic. Keeps patients informed of delays and progress of clinical appointments.
- As required and competency validated, performs appropriate hearing and vision testing, EKG, spirometry, point of care testing, specimen collection, equipment cleaning/reprocessing and other requested procedures.
- Prepares and stocks rooms (daily/weekly) and clinic supplies in advance of clinic visit as well as cleaning rooms appropriately between patients.
- Prepares for and assists with routine and specialty procedures.
- Schedules patients for follow up appointments or referrals and performs routine clerical duties for team and staff to include photocopying, scanning and faxing.
- Performs telephone messaging and in person screening with appropriate follow up.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Respects and maintains privacy and confidentiality per HIPPA guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.