Medical Assistant (ohio2727-ob)
Medical Assistants | Columbus, OH | Full Time
State of Ohio
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Medical Assistant to provide services to the State of Ohio. The position offers a structured M-F 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. work schedule making for a great work life balance. If this position is of interest, we encourage you to apply and our staff will reach out to you to discuss this position further and answer any questions.
MINIMUM CLASS QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
- Minimum of six months, within the past two years, of supervised clinical experience in the professional classification and each specialty in which you will be working.
- Minimum of two above average clinical references from supervisory or charge personnel.
- Completed clinical skill competency checklist for area of specialty. Successful score above 80% on a valid clinical proficiency test.
- Annual, current BCLS or appropriate Cardiac Life Support as needed for area of employment.
- Current statement of satisfactory health, including Hepatitis B documentation, negative Tuberculin test results or chest x-ray as required.
DUTIES IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE:
(These duties are illustrative only. Incumbents may perform some or all of these duties or other job-related duties as assigned.)
- Perform selected patient care tasks to assist in the care, examination, treatment of patients under the direction of physician or nurse supervisor).
- Prepare patients, equipment and supplies for specific procedures as directed. Support patients and their families and notify the charge nurse of changes in patient status).
- Obtain vital signs, blood pressure, height, weight, EKGs, lab tests and record patient data).
- Prepare examination rooms by setting up, cleaning, disinfecting and replenishing supplies).
- Clean assigned areas, stock supplies and equipment as required. Provide assistance to other team members as needed).
- Maintain respect to patient privacy rights, confidentiality and HIPAA directives).
- Follow all policies and procedures related to assigned patient care and facility guidelines.)
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.