Medical Assistant (cgteam-tc)
Certified Medical Assistant | Tomball, TX | Full Time and Contract
Work Location: Tomball, TX
Under direct supervision, assists physicians and clinicians with patient care duties in a clinical environment. Promotes efficient patient flow and patient care, i.e. exams, and procedures. Performs clinic support tasks including miscellaneous clerical tasks, answering phones, and maintaining physician’s schedule. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards. Work Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 7:45a - 5:15p; Friday, 7:45a - 2p.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, physician offices, and treatment room as appropriate.
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.
- Obtains all necessary patient records as required by physician prior to treatment or procedures.
- Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms and orders supplies as needed.
- Assists physicians with exams and procedures as requested.
- Administers subcutaneous and intramuscular injections, as delegated by RN or physician.
- Maintains all exam/treatment room disinfection protocols.
- Responds to patients’ calls as requested.
- Performs other administrative duties, i.e. typing, filing faxing reception, etc., as requested by supervisor or physician.
- Alerts nurse/physician of abnormal vitals, any important information given by patient.
- Collection of inbound meaningful use data. Flu documentation, initial height and weight.
- Prints med list for patient to review.
- Fill out disability forms.
- May enter orders under a provider’s direction and supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Certificate of graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience as a medical assistant or nursing assistant.
- Phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) certification required.
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred.
- Some state regulations may require specific certifications in order to work as a Medical Assistant
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Required to lift and assist patients as requested.
- Spanish Speaking Candidates Required
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.