Medical Assistant (3587)
Certified Medical Assistant | Grafton, OH | Contract
Work Location: Grafton, OH
InGenesis seeks a Medical Assistant to verify patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history and confirming purpose of visit. Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests, taking blood pressure, weight and temperature. If you meet the skills set and qualifications, please apply and a recruiter will reach out to answer any questions you may have.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Perform selected patient care tasks to assist in the care, examination, treatment of patients under the direction of physician or nurse supervisor.)
• Prepare patients, equipment and supplies for specific procedures as directed. Support patients and their families and notify the charge nurse of changes in patient status.)
• Obtain vital signs, blood pressure, height, weight, EKGs, lab tests and record patient data.)
• Prepare examination rooms by setting up, cleaning, disinfecting and replenishing supplies.)
• Clean assigned areas, stock supplies and equipment as required. Provide assistance to other team members as needed.)
• Maintain respect to patient privacy rights, confidentiality and HIPAA directives.)
• Follow all policies and procedures related to assigned patient care and facility guidelines.)
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of six months, within the past two years, of supervised clinical experience in the professional classification and each specialty in which you will be working.
• Minimum of two above average clinical references from supervisory or charge personnel.
• Completed clinical skill competency checklist for area of specialty.
• Successful score above 80% on a valid clinical proficiency test.
• Annual, current BCLS or appropriate Cardiac Life Support as needed for area of employment.
• Current statement of satisfactory health, including Hepatitis B documentation, negative Tuberculin test results or chest x-ray as required.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.