Medical Assistant (3289)
Certified Medical Assistant | San Antonio, TX | Contract
Work Location: San Antonio, TX
InGenesis is searching for a Medical Assistant for an Oncology Office in San Antonio, TX. If you meet the qualifications, please apply and a recruiter will reach out to you and you can ask any questions you may have at that time.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, physician offices, and treatment room as appropriate.
• Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.
• Obtains all necessary patient records as required by physician prior to treatment or procedures.
• Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms and orders supplies as needed.
• Assists physicians with exams and procedures as requested
• Administers subcutaneous and intramuscular injections, as delegated by RN or physician.
• Maintains all exam/treatment room disinfection protocols.
• Answers patient telephone calls for referral to physician or nurse/pharmacist.
• Phones in prescriptions and makes other patient calls as directed by physicians and RN.
• Informs physician of patient reschedules and no shows.
• Performs other administrative duties, i.e. typing, filing faxing, chart preparation, reception, etc., as requested by supervisor or physician.
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Medical Assistant must have IV experience
• Certificate of graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as a medical assistant or nursing assistant.
• Phlebotomy experience preferred.
• Current BCLS certification required within 3 months of hire.
• Certified Medical Assistant strongly preferred.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.