LVN – Pain Management (cls2265rv)
Nursing | Richardson, AK | Full Time
LVN – Pain Management
An established and successful Texas-based Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a full-time LVN-Pain Management to service our military and their families in Richardson, Alaska. This opportunity offers great benefits.
- Serves as a vocational nurse performing patient care and nursing administrative duties for
- outpatients in accordance with established policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Performs a variety of diagnostic procedures; sets up procedure room and equipment; provides individualized patient teaching on a preventative healthcare and health
- Prepares and administers prescribed medications by oral, sublingual, intramuscular,
- intradermal, subcutaneous, topical, dermal and inhalation routes.
- Prepares and positions patient for examinations and treatments.
- Participates in in-services and continuing education programs.
- Establishes and maintains good interpersonal relationships with co-workers, families,
- peers, and other health team members.
- Ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift. Ensure
- preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
- Ensure a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
- The nurse shall provide patients with the utmost care and attention. All patients shall be
- assured of their privacy and personal dignity.
- The nurse shall prepare all documentation to meet or exceed established standards of the MTF, to include, but not limited to, timeliness, accuracy, content and signature. Only MTF and Air Force-approved abbreviations shall be used for documentation of the patient health record.
- Must have, as a minimum, a current Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) certificate from an accredited national, state or military trained equivalent school.
- Shall have and maintain an active, valid, current, unrestricted license (with no limitations, stipulations or pending adverse actions) to practice nursing as a licensed vocational nurse (LVN) in a US jurisdiction.
- Shall have provided LVN services in the specialty clinical service area for at least 12 months within the past 36 months.
- Knowledge of standard nursing care principles, procedures, and practices.
- Knowledge and skill in cardiopulmonary resuscitation used to initiate resuscitation measures when necessary and assist medical team in providing support measure.
- Knowledge of pharmaceuticals, their expected beneficial effects, and potential side effects.
- Ability to perform infection control procedures.
- Knowledge of emergency medical procedures.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.