Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (oh749an)
Health Care | London, OH | Full Time
LICENSED PROFESSIONAL CLINICAL COUNSELOR (LPCC)
Join our Team and provide services to the GREAT State of Ohio!
Within the Southern Ohio Correctional System and within their scope of practice, the LPCC performs psychosocial interventions with clients, performs individual, family or group intervention, develops intervention goals and objectives designed to give education to clients who are having problems with resolution strategies and functioning, participates in process of establishing, implementing and evaluating treatment system's goals and objectives, interviews clients and client's family to establish case goals and objectives, assesses clients and determines specific intervention techniques for clients and monitors client's responses to treatment systems and provides feedback on effectiveness of prescribed treatment, evaluates lower-level behavioral healthcare provider cases and client's progress resulting from prescribed treatment plans. Maintains necessary data documents to satisfy requirements of federal, state, and local agencies, prepares data requiring social histories, admission/ aftercare summaries, court documents and completes forms required by law and/or department policy. Serves on treatment teams and program development teams, attends training meetings, intradepartmental meetings and court hearings, establishes and maintains a working relationship with other facilities, agencies and support services in order to coordinate referrals and conduct follow-up services.
- Master’s degree from a clinical mental health counseling program, clinical rehabilitation counseling program, or addiction counseling program accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs “CACREP
- Master’s degree from a CACREP-accredited mental health counseling program which meets the education requirements if it is conferred on or before January 1, 2018
- LPCC-S or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor with Supervision Designation who is able to give training supervision to Licensed Professional Counselors registered as clinical resident, and counselor trainees. This is the only license type that can give training supervision to an LPC, LPCC or CT
- LPCC-S shall have adequate training, knowledge, and skill to render competent clinical supervision and shall meet the criteria for work and training supervision
- LPCC-S is also able to supervise an MFT, LPC or LSW for work supervision; please note this type of supervision is not counted towards supervision training hours
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.