Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN General) (4324bb)
Medical | Orient, OH | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN General) (Ohio-4324bb)
Work Location: Orient, OH
Knowledge of skilled licensed practical nursing procedures; pharmacology; client/patient care; first-aid; CPR; general hospital practices & procedures; agency, institutional, hospital or clinic practices & procedures*; HIPAA regulations & standards; human relations; inventory control; employee training & development*. Skill in use of medical equipment (e.g., respirator, dialysis machine, sterilizer, oxygen equipment, blood pressure cuff); hypodermics; operation of person al computer. Ability to understand practical field of study; deal with some abstract but mostly concrete variables; recognize unusual or threatening conditions & take appropriate emergency action; develop good rapport with patients &/or residents; understand manuals & verbal instructions associated with practical nursing; demonstrate dexterity to administer injections & perform medical treatments & strength to move, reposition or restrain patients.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
(These duties are illustrative only. Incumbents may perform some or all of these duties or other job-related duties as assigned.)
• Administers nursing ca re within scope of practice as set forth in Division (F) of Section 4723.01 of Ohio Revised Code under direction of registered nurse, licensed physician, dentist, podiatrist, optometrist or chiropractor (e.g., administers oxygen; applies sterile dressing, inserts catheters; reinserts gastrotomy tubes, suctions, irrigates wounds; gives enemas, douches; collects specimens; performs dialysis treatments, operates hemodialysis equipment & monitors patient during procedure; assists physicians with physical exams, treatments &/or laboratory tests; assists in emergencies by administering first-aid, performing cardio-pulmonary resuscitation &/or restraining patients; administers controlled drugs such as narcotics & min or tranquilizers & no n-controlled medication in oral, rectal, topical or injectable form (i.e., intramuscular & subcutaneous injections only) & provides medication instructions to patients).
• Maintains medication accountability records (e.g., charts patient records, prepares & counts medication, maintains medication stock & medical equipment & supplies); observes, documents & reports patient conditions (e.g., medication reactions, treatment responses, patient behavior & progress) & prepares &/or maintains related reports & records (e.g., unusual incident reports, patient records, medication reports, seclusion/restraint logs, patient kardex, team plan).
• Provides general nursing, direct care &/or programming assistance (e.g., takes patient vital signs; assists with personal grooming & hygiene, bathing or daily living activities; administers topical ointments & solutions, eye, ear &/ or nose drops; repositions patients; responds to patient alarms; makes medical appointments for patients; escorts patients & assists with recreational activities; provides one to one group activities according to intervention stated on treatment plan).
• Provides assistance (i.e., provides work direction, orientation & t raining) to lower-level direct care staff (e.g., hospital aides, orderlies, psychiatric attendants) in providing general unskilled nursing care (e.g., dressing, bathing, feeding) to patients & attends & participates in various meetings (e.g., staff conferences, committees, interdisciplinary team meetings, in-service training programs, nursing meetings) as assigned.
• Orders medication & medical supplies; cleans nurses station & medication room/medication cart (e.g., cleans, sterilizes & restocks cart; defrosts & cleans medication refrigerator) & performs clerical tasks (e.g., answers phone, files).
- License to practice nursing as a li censed practical nurse issued by Ohio Board of Nursing pursuant to Section 4723 Ohio Revised Code & proof of completion of an approved course in medication administration.
Note: Licensed Practical Nurses who administer dialysis treatment must possess Certification in IV Therapy pursuant to Section 4723.17 Ohio Revised Code.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.