Licensed Practical Nurse (All Shifts Available) (3191)
Gen Practice | Columbus, OH | Contract
Licensed Practical Nurse (All Shifts Available)
Work Location: Columbus, OH
InGenesis seeks a skilled Licensed Practical Nurse in pharmacology, client and patient care, first aid, CPR, as well as skill in the use of medical equipment (e.g., respirator, dialysis machine, sterilizer, oxygen equipment, blood pressure cuff), hypodermics and be computer proficient. If you meet these skills and qualification, we encourage you to apply and a recruiter will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Administers nursing care within scope of practice under direction of registered nurse, licensed physician, dentist, podiatrist, optometrist or chiropractor
• Administers oxygen; applies sterile dressing, inserts catheters; reinserts gastrotomy tubes, suctions, irrigates wounds; gives enemas, douches; collects specimens; performs dialysis treatments, operates hemodialysis equipment and monitors patient during procedure
• Assists physicians with physical exams, treatments and/or laboratory tests
• Assists in emergencies by administering first-aid, performing cardio-pulmonary resuscitation and/or restraining patients
• Administers controlled drugs such as narcotics and min or tranquilizers and non-controlled medication in oral, rectal, topical or injectable form (i.e., intramuscular and subcutaneous injections only) and provides medication instructions to patients.
• Maintains medication accountability records
• Observes, documents and reports patient conditions and prepares and/or maintains related reports and records.
• Provides general nursing, direct care and/or programming.
• Provides assistance to lower-level direct care staff in providing general unskilled nursing care to patients
• Attends and participates in various meetings as assigned.
• Orders medication and medical supplies
• Cleans nurses’ station and medication room/medication cart
• Performs clerical tasks (e.g., answers phone, files).
• License to practice nursing as a Licensed Practical Nurse issued by Ohio Board of Nursing pursuant to Section 4723 Ohio Revised Code and proof of completion of an approved course in medication administration.
• Licensed Practical Nurses who administer dialysis treatment must possess Certification in IV Therapy pursuant to Section 4723.17 Ohio Revised Code.
• Biennial renewal of licensure as practical nurse.
• Obtain and maintain certification in CPR.
• May require travel to community site under contract with Department of Mental Health and Department of Developmental Disabilities.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.