Lead Medical Assistant (PA1920)
Medical Assistants | Harrisburg, PA | Full Time
Lead Medical Assistant
Seeking a qualified Lead Medical Assistant to provide services to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in Harrisburg PA. The position offers a structured schedule which allows for a great work/life balance all while servicing your local government and making a difference in your community.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership to, and daily oversight of, people, projects, and processes for the Department’s Medical Assistance Program.
- Function as the first point of contact for Program Specialists.
- Provide guidance and assistance to staff for tasks such as: resolving complex issues, processing prior authorization requests, or responding to health care professionals.
- Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Supervisor/Director.
- Participate in both internal and external (on-site) monitoring of Program Specialists and providers and will share constructive feedback to improve performance or outcome.
- Ability to create and present training materials and will assist in the development and implementation of departmental policies.
- Candidate may be assigned to management workgroups and project teams.
- Assignments will consist of a combination of on-going process responsibilities, standing workgroup participation and time-limited projects related to the management and operations of all aspects of the Pennsylvania Medicaid program.
- Analyze program data and complete appropriate reports.
- Statewide travel as necessary is required including some overnights.
- Associate Degree health-related certification or a combination of education and two or more years of experience in a managed care organization, pharmacy, or call center will be considered.
- Possess a documented work history of two (2) or more years of experience performing provider relations, health care program monitoring, network management and administration or pharmacy call center experience.
- Ability to work well with others and foster a team environment.
- Basic computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Products as well as some internet skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.