Nursing | Dallas, TX | Temporary
HEDIS Abstractor - Dallas
We have several job opportunities for RNs, LVNs or Certified Coders to work as a HEDIS Abstractor in DallasTexas. As a HEDIS Abstractor, you will b responsible for managing a caseload consisting of provider locations for retrieving medical records and for conducting Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) medical record chart abstractions, data entry, and quality reviews. This position requires computer skills as well as knowledge of clinical aspects of preventive care and chronic conditions with the ability to apply the learned HEDIS technical specifications as indicated.
- Active and unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN),Licensed Vocation Nurse (LVN) license in state of Texas or Certified Coder
- Previous HEDIS experience is a plus
- Medical Chart Audit / Chart Review
- Available to work weekends or overtime if needed
- Knowledge of medical terminology, standard medical practices,
- Verbal and written communication skills including interpersonal skills for meeting with physicians and office staff and representing the company using diplomatic/professional demeanor.
- PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Pro, and folder navigation and management skills.
Key Words: HEDIS nurse, HEDIS Specialist, Chart Review, Chart Audit, Certified Coder Specialist, Certified Professional Coder, CCS, CPC,