Healthcare Analyst (1865)
Healthcare Emergency DepartmentI Analyst | Harrisburg, PA | Contract
Work Location: Harrisburg, PA
InGenesis is searching for a Healthcare Analyst to provide the Division support in developing and managing direct and indirect reports. Conduct data analyst of reports as well as to assist with the development of program initiatives, quality improvement projects and special studies. The Healthcare Analyst will participate in the development and monitoring of quality assurances, sub-assurances, and performance measures for waiver programs. Assist with the maintenance, reporting, data and process analysis of waiver participant services, complaints, grievances, hearing and appeals, and risk management analysis. Travel and overnight may be required at times. If you meet the qualifications, please apply and a recruiter will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Review, interpret and analyze federal and state laws and regulations and court decisions impacting upon long-term services and supports and recommend revising department regulations and bulletins if necessary, for compliance.
• Analyze and comment on proposed federal and state legislation to identify the impact of the legislation on program objectives and policies.
• As assigned, review and interpret House and Senate Bills and develop Bill analyses.
• Research, collect and evaluate information to be used by self and others in the development of policies and procedures.
• Participate in and support all policy related actions and activities for the division.
• Review and edit all materials related to communications for department.
• Draft regulations, statements of policy, notices and bulletins pertinent to long-term services and supports and present to supervisor for review.
• Consolidate and evaluate stakeholder and public comments made about specific regulations, notices and bulletins.
• To ensure the continued receipt of federal matching funds, develop and draft state plan and waiver amendments to achieve conformity with federal and state regulations and requirements.
• Attend and participate in department meetings and/or other meetings as required.
• Respond to telephone inquiries and requests for policy and procedural clarification from those outside of the agency. Support staff with policy clarifications on procedural standards and issues, and prepare policy clarifications and interpretations to ensure their consistent application across the State.
• Participate in and facilitate work groups meetings involving external stakeholders and staff from other agencies.
• As assigned, review documents prepared by other agencies to identify any inaccuracies and to confirm consistency with long-term services and supports regulations and policies.
• Respond independently to requests for clarification of established policy issues.
• Make recommendations on whether proposed regulations, directives, legislation, etc. will have an impact on the long-term services and supports delivery system.
• Work collaboratively within a complex environment.
• Communicate orally and in writing to a wide range of persons/entities.
• Interpret federal/state laws and regulations.
• Develop and draft policy and procedures.
• Research and evaluate regulations and legislation.
• Clarify intent of policies and laws.
• Conduct research to form a basis for policy development.
• Use Microsoft Office products.
• Travel to areas that may not be accessible by public transportation.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Minimum of three (3) years of healthcare industry experience.
• Maintain a Pennsylvania Driver’s License
• Demonstrated project management experience and possess applied analytical skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
• Proven ability to lead a team and successfully complete long-term assignments
• Ability to create executive level presentations
• A working knowledge of Medicaid/Medical Assistance is a plus, but not required and proficiency in SAS is highly desired
• Possess a working knowledge of healthcare operations to include enrollment, claims, customer service and appeals preferred
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.