HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNICIAN (ohio3181-rs)
Records Healthcare Management | Lancaster, OH | Full Time
HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNICIAN (HIT)
State of Ohio
GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO EARN VALUABLE WORK EXPERIENCE! The STATE OF OHIO is seeking energetic and motivated HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNICIANS to service their state healthcare facilities. Join our Team and make a difference in your community. We encourage you to apply and discover more about this opportunity. Upon applying, we will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
- 3 Courses OR 9-month experience in records management
- 1 Course OR 3-month experience in medical terminology
- 1 Course OR 3-month experience in typing
JOB FUNCTIONS (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Compile health information
- Type health information forms
- Compile and type statistical reports such as daily and monthly census, Medicaid days, admissions, discharges, or length of stay
- File reports into health information records, record information in logs and files, and retrieve health information records in filing system
- Provide information from health information records after determining appropriateness of request
- Coordinate with other departments concerning health information records and procedures
MAJOR WORKER CHARACTERISTICS:
Knowledge of health information technology; JCAH and Medicare/Medicaid regulations governing medical record keeping*; requirements governing confidentiality of patient information*; medical terminology. Skill in use of typewriter and/or word processor and calculator. Ability to deal with problems involving few variables within familiar context; write routine business letters, evaluations or records following standard procedures; proofread medical reports and recognize errors; recognize when medical records information is missing; gather collate and classify information about data, people, or things. (*) Developed after employment.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.