HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNICIAN (HIT) 73060
Health Care | Columbus, OH | Full Time
HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNICIAN (HIT)
GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO EARN VALUABLE WORK EXPERIENCE! The STATE OF OHIO is seeking energetic and motivated HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNICIANS to service their state healthcare facilities. Join the InGenesis Team and make a difference in your community.
- 3 Courses OR 9 month’s experience in records management
- 1 Course OR 3 month’s experience in medical terminology
- 1 Course OR 3 month’s experience in typing OR
- Equivalent of minimum class qualifications
- Compiles health information
- Types health information forms
- Compiles and types statistical reports such as daily and monthly census, Medicaid days, admissions, discharges, or length of stay
- Files reports into health information records, records information in logs & files & retrieves health information records in filing system
- Provides information from health information records after determining appropriateness of request
- Coordinates with other departments concerning health information records procedures
- Any additional duty as described in Position Description that will be provided to interested candidates for review.