Health Information Technician (4190ap)
Medical | Lebanon, OH | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Health Information Technician
Work Location: Lebanon, OH
JOB DUTIES IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE: (These duties are illustrative only. Incumbents may perform some or all of these duties or other job- related duties as assigned.)
- Compiles health information (e.g., reviews, catalogs & checks medical reports for completeness; organizes medical reports for placement in files; reviews charts to ensure all reports & signatures are present).
- Types health information forms (e.g., prepares charts for new admissions; fills out forms; prepares requests for specific reports or certificates).
- Compiles & types statistical reports such as daily & monthly census, Medicaid days, admissions, discharges, or length of stay.
- Files reports into health information records, records information in logs & files & retrieves health information records in filing system.
- Provides information from health information records after determining appropriateness of request.
- Coordinates with other departments concerning health information records procedures.
- 3 courses or 9 mos. exp. in records management;
- 1 course or 3 mos. exp. in medical terminology;
- 1 course or 3 mos. exp. in typing.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.