Financial Clearance Associate (3726)
Medical Collection | Houston, TX | Contract
Financial Clearance Associate
Work Location: Houston, TX
Impacts patient financial clearance experience across a continuum of care served by one or more designated centers. Facilitates access to care and the financial clearance process for MD Anderson Cancer Center patients.
InGenesis seeks Financial Clearance Associate candidates with insurance verification and high balance collections experience with heavy customer service. In this role, the Financial Clearance Associate will impact patient financial clearance experience across a continuum of care served by one or more designated centers and facilitate access to care to include the financial clearance process for the center’s patients. If you meet the qualifications, please apply and a Recruiter will reach out to you.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Verifies the eligibility/benefits, pre-authorization requirements, available payment options, financial counseling and other identified financial clearance related duties.
• Collaborates with Patient Access, payors, third party vendors, patients, and any other identified representatives internal or external to the institution to financially clear patients for care.
• Escalates financial clearance issues to the supervisor or coordinator for resolution
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Prefer Associate's degree in business, healthcare or related field.
• Three (3) years’ experience in healthcare, insurance, or related field. With preferred degree, one (1) year of required experience.
• Prefer five (5) years business experience in healthcare, insurance, or a multi-specialty physician practice.
• Prefer Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) or Certified Healthcare Access Manager (CHAM) by the National Association of Healthcare Access Management.
• Must have insurance authorization experience AND eligibility and benefits collection experience.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.