Executive Assistant (sm-gb-bb)
Administrative | New York, NY | Full Time and Temporary
New York NY
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Executive Assistant. Our aim is to help you find valuable employment. We focus on placing professionals in their chosen field and focus our placement efforts as a huge responsibility and rewarding profession.
We encourage you to Join Our Team and apply! Upon applying and meeting the qualifications, we will reach out to you and answer any further questions you may have about this opportunity.
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America. This individual will provide administrative support to the C-Suite offices of one of our labels and will work closely with other Executive Assistant’s to partner together to help oversee the day-to-day functions of the office by providing a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks. This individual will work very closely with Executives of Sony Music's labels and will help support the office by answering phones, arranging travel, maintaining expenses, processing invoices and pulling industry charts.
- At least 2+ years of prior administrative experience in a fast paced environment required.
- A college degree is strongly preferred.
- Proficient with both Mac and PC preferred.
- Working knowledge of the music business and entertainment industry is a must.
- Ability to converse with industry professionals using appropriate music jargon.
- Time management, attention to detail, and organizational skills are of the utmost importance.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and duties on a daily basis without getting overwhelmed.
- Proficiency in Computer skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Adobe Photoshop is a plus).
- Interest in A&R research preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to adapt well to constant change.
- An ability to follow through on all duties.
- Calm, positive, and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work with all types of personalities, resourcefulness, self-confidence and a sense of humor.
- Must be available to attend occasional evening showcases/events.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide administrative support to the CEO’s office - schedule meetings, arrange travel, manage correspondence and answer phones
- Prepare business expense reports in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across all levels of the company as well as external partners and management and conduct internal and external research as requested.
- Assist in presentations, pitches and the coordination and preparation of meetings as needed.
- MPS/PRS system knowledge and manage budget projections.
- BDS Encore, Mediabase, and Soundscan systems experience required
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work overtime as needed.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.