Health Care | Washington, DC | Full Time and Contract
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Epidemiologist. We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, paid PTO, and paid holidays. Our aim is to help you find valuable employment in the area of healthcare. We focus on placing healthcare professionals in their chosen field and focus our placement efforts as a huge responsibility and rewarding profession.
We encourage you to Join Our Team and apply! Upon applying and meeting the qualifications, we will reach out to you and answer any further questions you may have about this opportunity.
This position is in the Bureau of Medical Services (MED) and helps provides the Department of State with epidemiological data about outbreaks of illnesses and occurrence of injuries among the US government workforce and family members serving overseas.
- Must have an advanced degree (Masters or Doctorate) in epidemiology, public health or a related field of a bachelor’s degree in public health from an accredited College or University approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant’s graduation. Training must include epidemiology, biostatistics, and surveillance systems.
- Ability to provide coordination and direction in the area of surveillance and epidemiology.
- Knowledge of appropriate methods to analyze health‐related data.
- Ability to plan and administer epidemiological studies.
- Skills in utilizing computer technology to manage information and design data management systems for epidemiological data.
- Experience with formal evaluation of surveillance systems in the analysis of data collected in surveillance and tracking systems and in the interpretation and presentation of the results in written, oral and graphic formats.
- Public health experience in an international setting is preferred.
- Familiarity and experience with the Department of State’s overseas medical program is preferred.
- May be required to perform TDY travel.
- A secret clearance level is required for this position.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.