EEG Technician (OHIO1935)
Psychiatry | Columbus, OH | Contract
State of Ohio
The STATE OF OHIO is seeking energetic and motivated EEG Technicians to work as scheduled by Central Scheduling when EEG consultations received for patients. Central Scheduling will call the selected contractor with the date and time they are needed to complete the test. The selected contractors will work as needed and does not have set hours or days.
EEG Technician will operate specialized equipment which measures and records the electrical activity of the brain, peripheral nervous system, and spinal cord; to include preparing patients for testing, and operating electroencephalograph and/or electrocardiograph equipment. The technician will prepare patients both mentally and physically for testing (e.g. explains and reassures patients regarding the testing process and applying electrodes). The technician will prepare, calibrate, and adjust machines, operates EEG and ECG equipment, maintain equipment in good working order, report equipment malfunctions to the supervisor and/or maintenance contractors, record tests and prepares tests for interpretation, submit tests per Ohio Department of Rehabilitation (ODRC) procedures and protocols.
- Assist institutional medical personnel in the performance of related tasks in clinic related to EEG
- Perform EEG procedures in accordance with standards and current licensure
- Document patient history from the patient and patient charts
- Verify the identity of patients and provide adequate ID on all studies via name and prison ID number
- All studies will be downloaded onto a CD and sent to OSU for interpretation
- Maintain inventory of supplies per institution process
- Be aware of and follow infectious controls and procedures for self and patient
- Practice within the ODRC policies and procedures
- Perform clerical tasks related to technical work
MAJOR WORKER CHARACTERISTICS
Knowledge of EEG and ECG equipment and procedures; state & federal laws, rules & regulations regarding duties of qualified EEG Technician. Skill in computer operation & keyboarding; ability to add, subtract, multiply & divide whole numbers & calculate fractions; deal with problems involving several variables within familiar context; maintain accurate records; cooperate with co-workers on group projects; read short sentences with concrete vocabulary; lift to 20 pounds.
MINIMUM CLASS QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Requires high school diploma
- Complete and accepted training program
- Current licensure, registry, and/or certification required
- Current registration as an EEG technician preferred
- Six (6) months to one (1) year experience as an EEG technician
- Obtain and maintain training and certification on the existing EEG equipment located at FMC
InGenesis supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.