District Medical Advisor Consultant - Allergy/Immunology
Allergy and Immunology | Houston, TX | Full Time
District Medical Advisor Consultant – Allergy/Immunology
InGenesis, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified Allergy/Immunology physician to perform virtual consulting work for the federal government.
- Supports the medical and consultative needs for Federal agencies, US Public Health Service as a surrogate medical consultant
- Medical/Surgical Review – Routine: This category will cover review for routine medical/surgical authorization or opinion on issues including (but not limited to) extended physical therapy, consequential condition causal relationship, etc. Provide a response within 10 working days.
- Medical/Surgical Review – Complex: This category will cover review for routine medical/surgical authorization or opinion on issues including (but not limited to) destructive procedures, and complex medical conditions (cardio-pulmonary, psychiatric, etc.). Provide a response within 20 working days.
- Performs a mixture of administrative, clinical, and consultant responsibilities depending on their specific assignments.
- Demonstrates a strong level of technical expertise and ability to work and communicate effectively in high stress situations.
- Receives program direction from the Associate Medical Director.
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge regarding federal safety, health regulations and Workman’s Compensation and demonstrates a high level of professional conduct
- Promotes improvement-oriented ideas, and produces quality products under a short time frame
- Provides consultation with local agency management on program needs/development, provision of acute emergency care, completion of federally-regulated and agency-mandated examinations (medical surveillance, return to work, etc.), health screenings, and employee health consultations
- May be required to conduct hands-on examinations, render a professional opinion as it relates to work clearances or recommendations consistent with the examination findings and established physical qualifications
- Provides expert advice and consultation to Federal agencies on Workmen’s Compensation matters.
- Performs medical consultation in accordance with Agency policy and guidelines
- Licensed physician (MD or DO) degree, specializing in Allergy/Immunology, valid unrestricted (i.e. no disciplinary actions present or pending) state licensure to practice medicine from one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia, board-certification in their respective specialties by one of the medical specialty Boards recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties, or by the American Osteopathic Association
- Active medical practice with a minimum of 240 hours of direct patient care per year, qualifications to participate as a medical provider under the Federal Employees' Compensation Act.
- Must possess expert understanding of Federal safety and health regulations, experience in addressing ADA requests, and BLS/ACLS/AED certification required if providing direct patient care.
- Basic computer skills (e.g., MS Word, Excel, Ms Access, and Outlook) required.
- Certain positions may require FAA flight surgeon certification or MROCC certification.
Minimum Education Requirements/Certification/Licensure
- Advanced training in Public Health is desired with a previous experience as a medical consultant for a Federal agency.
- A broad knowledge of requirements of workman’s compensation is desired.
- As demonstrated through experience on CV/resume, must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and have experience in dealing with various size organizations representing widely divergent backgrounds, points of view, and levels of authority (i.e. labor union and management issues relating to workman’s comp).
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance Plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance
Established in 1998, InGenesis enjoys a long history of positive government and commercial relationships with healthcare industry professionals and businesses nationwide. We are the recent recipients of an Inc. 5000 award, and dedicated to servicing our customers.
InGenesis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.