Dentist - Ft. Lewis
Gen Practice | Tacoma, WA | Contract
Dentist - Ft. Lewis (2873)
Work Location: Tacoma, WA
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
• Examines teeth, gums, and related tissues using dental instruments, dental radiographs, and other diagnostic instruments.
• Provides general dentistry procedures to include simple and complex restorations using approved restorative materials
• Examines, diagnoses, and treats periodontal structures and diseases
• Examines, diagnoses, and treats diseases of the dental pulp and other dental tissues affecting the vitality of teeth and establishes treatment plan.
• Treats exposure of the dental pulp by pulp capping or removal of the dental pulp from the pulp chamber and root canal.
• Examines, diagnoses, and provides fixed and removable prosthetic procedures as approved by the local credentials committee.
• Examines, diagnoses and treats specific teeth for extraction and/or surgical removal as approved by the local credentials committee.
• Prescribes medications, enters workload into workload data reporting system, and consults with and refers patients to appropriate specialists when necessary, conducts oral health counseling, tobacco cessation counseling, and diet counseling.
• Examines, diagnoses and treats other conditions of the oral cavity as approved by the local credentials committee.
• Shall be graduates of ADA-accredited dental schools with either a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree.
• Shall possess a current, active, valid, and unrestricted state license or authorizing document from any state or territory in the U.S. to provide health care within the scope of practice for a specific health care discipline. The license must remain current, active, valid, and unrestricted during the life of the contract.
• Must have or must obtain a current, valid Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration number prior to performing the contract services. Any change to the DEA requirements to obtain a valid DEA registration number is applicable when the incumbent's existing DEA registration expires.
• Shall have been employed for at least one (1) year on a full-time basis in the practice of dentistry or be a recent (1-year) graduate of an accredited, post-graduate dentistry training program.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.