Dental DDS | Bowling Green, VA | Full Time
Bowling Green VA
A successful and established Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a full-time General Dentist located in Bowling Green VA. This is a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience. The position offers a competitive salary, PTO, paid holidays, and shift differentials. Come serve those who are under served and join our Team!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts a program of primary dental care with responsibility for examination, diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Provides dental treatment and advice to patients as indicated.
- Secures case history and related pertinent information.
- Examines patients, utilizes diagnostic equipment as appropriate, interpreting results for diagnosis; establish diagnose(s) and performs necessary treatment, carrying out such follow-up treatment as may be indicated.
- Refers patients with conditions/treatments which are beyond scope of the on-site primary care services to an appropriate off-site dental facility for care or refers for consultation to dental, surgical or other adjunct services confirmation of diagnosis and treatment procedures.
- Prescribes and/or dispenses required appropriate medication to patients.
- Provides professional dental supervision to the assigned staff.
- Directs and participates in preventive dental health programs.
- Participate in Quality Assurance program.
- Serve as a resource advisor to staff on dental health.
- Works independently without day to day supervision.
- Clinical supervision is provided by the facility clinical director.
- Works under the administrative direction of the Health Services Administrator (HSA) or designee.
- Graduation with a Doctor of Dental Surgery or Doctor of Dental Medicine from a US or Canadian school as approved by a recognized accrediting body.
- Possess a Doctor of Dental Surgery, Doctor of Dental Medicine, or equivalent degree, from a foreign dental school that provided education and knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the US. In addition to the above, the applicant must have two years of recent licensed work experience as a practicing dentist and hold and maintain a current unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the state in which the position is located.
- Broad functions of dentistry: diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and emergency care; application of multiple distinct skills, knowledge and abilities in the care of one or more patients.
- CPR/ BLS certification required.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law