Dental | Grand Forks, ND | Full Time
A successful and established Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a qualified Dental Hygienist.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Provide comprehensive oral health and dental hygiene treatment to diverse patient groups with assistance from members of the dental service.
· Perform the full range of dental services commensurate with the dental hygienist specialty. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
· Patient Evaluation. Complete an evaluation of every patient and formulate a dental hygiene diagnosis and treatment plan, in collaboration with the dentist and patient. Examine patient’s oral cavity including mouth, throat, and pharynx. Record conditions of teeth and surrounding areas. Refer patients with abnormalities to the dentist. Clinical hygienists usually work alone in a treatment room designed to provide preventive, therapeutic and education services, and work under the supervision of a dentist.
· Oral Prophylaxis. Includes seating and draping patients, applying disclosing solution to teeth, supra/subgingival scaling, polishing, cleaning and polishing removable dental appliances worn by patients; and placing pit and fissure sealants on teeth when indicated. Perform the following procedures:
• Adult Prophylaxis
• Child prophylaxis
• Topical Fluoride, Professional Application
• Topical Fluoride, Self-Applied, Group
• Individual Oral Health Counseling
• Group Health Counseling
• Periodontal Scaling
· Preventive Treatment and Education. Provide preventive treatment and education to promote the values of oral and general health and wellness to support population health strategies. Common activities include dental prophylaxis, hygiene and tissue indices, tobacco cessation counseling, professional topical fluoride treatment, oral health counseling, and application of pit and fissure sealants. Compiles statistical data and written reports on the participation in the preventive dentistry program
· Must be knowledgeable in oral prophylaxis, preliminary periodontal examinations involving diagnostic tests and x-rays, oral health education, preparation of treatment plans for plaque control, and application of topical fluorides and desensitizing agents to the teeth. Additionally, the position requires planning, conducting, and evaluating preventive dental health programs. The position of dental hygienist requires knowledge of the concepts, techniques, and procedures of dental hygiene.
· The dental hygienist shall be a graduate of a dental hygiene school accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the ADA.
· The dental hygienist shall possess a valid license to practice dental hygiene from a United States (US) jurisdiction, state, or territory.
· As a minimum, the dental hygienist shall have a minimum of 1 year of experience following graduation from dental hygiene school.
· Shall have been performing clinical dental hygiene services during 12 of the last 36 months.