Dental Assistants | San Antonio, TX | Contract and Temporary
UT Health Science Center
Assignment Dates: 7/6/2017 - 9/8/2017
Work Schedule Mon-Fri hours tba
Possibility of assignment getting extended also a great way of getting your foot in the door.
"Job Responsibilities: Receives and prepares patients for dental treatment. Assembles, sharpens and sterilizes instruments and prepares work surfaces and materials for use by the Dentist. Keeps record of appointments, examinations, treatments and supplies. May assist a dentist at chair-side treatment of patients. Requires practical knowledge of standardized procedures and methods used in dentistry. Skilled in techniques and procedures of dental assistance.
- High School diploma or GED with one year of experience.
- Completion of an approved Dental Assistant Course. Associates Degree in Dental Assisting is preferred.
- Registration with the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners as a Registered Dental Assistant.
- Certification in BLS or ACLS
- Current immunizations including annual TB and flu shot
- Under FLSA, incumbents in this position are non-exempt."