Dental Assistant (bu2623-rs)
Dental Assistants | Boston, MA | Full Time and Temporary
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time temporary Dental Assistant in the Boston area. The position has the potential for extension. The work schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We encourage you to join our Team and make a difference in your community. We encourage you to apply and discover more about this opportunity. Upon applying, we will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
- Must have current Massachusetts Dental Assistant License.
- Must be a Certified Dental Assistant, Expanded Functions (EFDA), or Formally Trained (FTDA).
- CPR and Radiology certification.
- Maintain dental assisting standing by attending appropriate CE courses.
- Prior experience as a Dental Assistant in a Dental Practice Setting; or experience working in a dental care environment is required.
- Must be able to review and discuss a treatment plan with patients and have strong understanding of dental terminology and procedures.
- Model proper patient management/communication.
- Must be proactive and demonstrate critical thinking skills in order to problem solve.
- Must be organized with attention to detail; ability to multi-task and set priorities for yourself.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both written and oral.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Must be comfortable working in a busy, at times fast-paced environment working with multiple clients and supporting 8 operatories at any given time.
- Must have experience working with MS Office Products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Bilingual highly preferred, but not required.
POSITION ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The dental assistant demonstrates strong clinical skills by practicing four handed dentistry, preparing operatory for the required treatment, ensuring assigned operatory are cleaned and disinfected between each patient being seen, and sets up for the next patient, and instrument cassettes are prepared for sterilization according to established protocol.
- Organizing and coordinating inventory of supplies to avoid shortage, restock cabinets, when indicated and provides coverage during evening and Saturday clinic hours.
- Provides compassion, understanding and empathy towards patients in an environment during treatment.
- Fosters very good interpersonal skills, promotes teamwork among the staff, and strives to make each phase of the patient treatment a very positive experience from initial appointment on through the completion of the dental care.
Provide Proof of Immunity (provider documentation or lab report) for the following: o Measles, Mumps Rubella (MMR) vaccine #1 and #2 dates or titers indicating immunity o Hepatitis B - vaccine #1, #2, and #3 dates and Hepatitis B Surface Antibody titer indicating immunity, signed declination, or lab results indicating disease history of Varicella-zoster (Chicken Pox) - vaccine #1 and #2 dates; or provider documentation of disease, or titer indicating immunity of Adacel (Tdap; tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis) given since 2005; or Recent Tuberculosis (TB) skin test results, which is to be given once per year. Documentation of TST results must include dates given and read, and the millimeter (mm) of induration.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.