Customer Service Specialist (3562)
Customer Service Assistant | Houston, TX | Contract
Customer Service Specialist
Work Location: Houston, TX
InGenesis seeks a Customer Service Specialist to provide a broad range of customer service support to internal or external customers. In this role, the Customer Service Specialist will impact the quality, delivery and timeliness of a department's services. If you meet the qualifications and skill set, please apply and a Recruiter will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
• Consult with customers via telephone, e-mail, various social media accounts or in person to provide information, take orders, answer questions and handle complaints.
• Research and resolve complicated customer service issues.
• Process requests according to established department policies and procedures.
• Maintain various reports, trending information, quality assurance and follow-up results.
• Train staff members on procedures to handle basic customer service issues.
• Respond promptly to customer inquiries.
• Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
• Professionally handle incoming requests from customers and ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly.
• Thoroughly and efficiently gather customer information, access and fulfill customer needs, educate the customer where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and document interactions through contact tracking.
• Provide quality service and support in a variety of areas including, but not limited to billing, placing print orders, and system troubleshooting.
• Provide pricing and delivery information. Perform customer verification of order, address, shipping preference, returns, etc.
• Set up new customer accounts.
• Process orders, forms, applications and requests.
• Organize workflow to meet customer time frames.
• Direct customer requests and unresolved issues to the appropriate resource.
• Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits and follow up to ensure resolution.
• Maintain a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision-making.
• Handle issues in the best interest of both customer and company.
• Manage customers' accounts.
• Keep records of customer interactions and transactions.
• Record details of inquiries, comments, complaints and actions taken.
• Responsible for compiling and generating reports as they relate to customer service surveys.
• Maintain customer databases.
• Manage appropriate resolution of customer issues.
• Follow up on customer interactions.
• Provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
• Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively affect the customer’s experience.
• Provide information to customers in response to inquiries about products and services, in addition to assisting individuals interested in opening accounts.
• Receive, review and process orders for printed marketing materials.
• The Customer Service Specialist will also explain how to use account features and solve customer application and Internet problems.
• The Customer Service Specialist will receive, document and resolve customer complaints.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Associate's degree, required.
• Bachelor's degree, preferred.
• Requires four (4) years general business and administrative experience, with one (1) year of experience in retail or eCommerce.
• Some experience with multi-line telephones, online ticketing systems, and personal computers is required.
• Prefer knowledge of point-of-sale systems and practices.
• Prefer knowledge of technical support issues related to Internet connectivity and PC troubleshooting experience a plus.
• Experience with Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, and E-Commerce terminology preferred.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.