Correctional - Nurse Practitioner (o-4307rv)
Medical | St. Clairsville, OH | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Correctional - Nurse Practitioner
Work Location: St. Clairsville, OH
Knowledge of skilled registered nursing procedures; advanced nurse practices; HIPAA regulations; state & federal regulations, policies & procedures related to nursing; human relations; employee training & development; health care services & program management; counseling; interviewing. Skill in use of equipment (e.g., surgical equipment, ophthalmoscope, stethoscope, BP cuff, EKG machine, otoscope, reflex hammer); operation of personal computer. Ability to handle sensitive telephone & face-to-face inquiries & contacts with general public; possess strong clinical base in order to make judgments & decisions regarding patient care & treatment; deal with some abstract but mostly concrete variables; define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions; gather, collate & classify information about data, people or things; understand & follow philosophies, policies & procedures of facility; establish & maintain positive rapport with patients, patients' families, nursing & other department &/or agency staff; maintain confidentiality of information.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
(These duties are illustrative only. Incumbents may perform some or all of these duties or other job-related duties as assigned.)
- Creates & implements patient care plans and performs advanced nursing duties within boundaries of licensure: a. Monitors progress of patients and intervenes in the course of chronic illness. b. Performs routine physical examinations of patients to determine control or status of chronic conditions & diagnose new conditions. c. Evaluates acute & chronically ill patients & prescribes medications or administers treatment of acute & chronically ill patients. d. Completes discharge planning/follow-up care for clients/patients/youth/inmates with chronic care and/or medical issues. e. Performs minor surgery as training & competency allows. f. Evaluates necessity for referral consultations inside or outside the institutional, facility or correctional setting. g. Orders & reviews results of laboratory, x-ray & other diagnostic testing. h. Inoculates or vaccinates patients against communicable diseases.
- Maintains required medical records: a. Documents medical information gathered during patient interviews according to agency guidelines, policies, protocols & agency-professionally accredited standards. b. Documents assessments & diagnostic impressions including treatment plans & follow up parameters. c. Cooperates monthly with institutional Chief Medical Officer (CMO) or agency equivalent for medical quality oversight.
- Provides clinical direction to registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, phlebotomists & other caregivers.
- Participates in professional & agency committees & meetings: a. Attends professional institutional specific meetings as requested by warden, deputy warden or chief medical officer. b. Participates in continuous quality improvement measures & attends monthly meeting. c. Attends quarterly medical meetings. d. Serves as resource for patients & families utilizing areas of clinical expertise & provides advice regarding health maintenance & promotion & identifies health risk factors. e. Attends in-services &/or other continuing education offerings relative to growth & development as nurse practitioner.
- Valid license as Registered Nurse; completion of Nurse Practitioner program & certified by Ohio Board of Nursing for advanced practice with valid certificate of authority & certificate to prescribe in accordance with ORC 4723.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.