Correctional Nurse Practitioner (5066)
Nurse Practitioner | Grafton, OH | Contract
Correctional Nurse Practitioner
Work Location: Grafton, OH
InGenesis seeks a Nurse Practitioner with prior experience to work full-time with team of physicians, other nurse practitioners, and nurses on a temporary basis. This position will provide care to patients with acute and chronic needs at a male correctional facility. The right candidate for this position will be proficient with documentation via electronic health record system and have excellent accountability of state and personal property (keys, ID, etc.) at all times. If you meet the qualifications and are ready to join our expanding team, apply today!
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Create & implement patient care plans.
• Monitor progress of patients and intervenes in the course of chronic illness.
• Perform routine physical examinations of patients to determine control or status of chronic conditions & diagnose new conditions.
• Order and review results of laboratory, x-ray & other diagnostic testing.
• Inoculate or vaccinate patients against communicable diseases.
• Maintain required medical records.
• Provide clinical direction to registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, phlebotomists & other caregivers.
• Participate in professional and agency committees/meetings.
• Current license as Registered Nurse.
• Completion of Nurse Practitioner program.
• Certified by Ohio Board of Nursing for advanced practice with valid certificate of authority & certificate to prescribe.
• Must obtain Drug Enforcement Agency number for scheduled drugs within 1 month of employment.
• Must satisfy all requirements to maintain licensure.
• CPR certified
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.