Correctional Nurse Practitioner (5013)
Nurse Practitioner | Orient, OH | Contract
Correctional Nurse Practitioner
Work Location: Orient, OH
InGenesis has an exciting opportunity available for a Nurse Practitioner. In this position, you will be highly responsible for caring for ill or injured inmates with various types of disabilities/conditions. If you’re ready to provide these patients with the best care possible, please apply and we’ll contact you soon!
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Creates & implements patient care plans and performs advanced nursing duties within boundaries of licensure:
?Monitors progress of patients and intervenes in the course of chronic illness.
?Performs routine physical examinations of patients to determine control or status of chronic conditions & diagnose new conditions.
?Evaluates acute & chronically ill patients & prescribes medications or administers treatment of acute & chronically ill patients.
?Completes discharge planning/follow-up care for clients/patients/youth/inmates with chronic care and/or medical issues.
?Performs minor surgery as training & competency allows.
?Evaluates necessity for referral consultations inside or outside the institutional, facility or correctional setting.
?Orders & reviews results of laboratory, x-ray & other diagnostic testing.
?Inoculates or vaccinates patients against communicable diseases.
• Maintains required medical records:
• Provides clinical direction to registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, phlebotomists & other caregivers.
• Participates in professional & agency committees & meetings:
• Valid license as Registered Nurse; completion of Nurse Practitioner program & certified by Ohio Board of Nursing for advanced practice with valid certificate of authority & certificate to prescribe.
• Must obtain Drug Enforcement Agency number for scheduled drugs within 1 month of employment.
• Must satisfy all requirements to maintain licensure.
• CPR certified
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.