Correctional Nurse Practitioner (3544)
Correctional | Columbus, OH | Contract
Correctional Nurse Practitioner
Work Location: Columbus, OH
The role of the Correctional Nurse Practitioner position is in a fast-paced, dynamic correctional medical center providing care to male and female inmates with chronic and acute conditions. Medical team is composed of physicians, NPs, RNs, LPNs, and STNAs. Documentation is done using an electronic health record, so candidate must be keyboard proficient. If you meet the qualifications, please apply and a recruiter will reach out to you.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
• Creates and implements patient care plans and performs advanced nursing duties within boundaries of licensure.
• Documents and maintains required medical records.
• Provides clinical direction to Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Phlebotomists and other caregivers.
• Participates in professional and agency committees.
• Valid license as Registered Nurse
• Completion of Nurse Practitioner Program and certified by Ohio Board of Nursing for advanced practice with valid certificate of authority and certificate to prescribe in accordance with ORC 4723
• Must obtain Drug Enforcement Agency number for scheduled drugs within 1 month of employment
• Must satisfy all requirements to maintain licensure
• Current CPR certification
• Dependability is expected and required
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.