Administration | Austin, TX | Full Time
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS SYSTEM-AUSTIN
A successful and established Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a Contract Administrator to provide services for the UT System-Austin. The position offers a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience while networking within the UT System-Austin employment system. Assignment start date 3/1/2018.
Purpose of Position:
Support Contracts and Procurement team in drafting, evaluation, negotiation and execution of contracts and amendments for UT System-wide complex and technical procurements. Serve as the point of contact for customers on contractual matters.
- Develop and prepare solicitations, contracts and amendments by identifying provider resources, describing services to be rendered, evaluating information supplied by bidders, and negotiating contract specifications.
- Coordinate and facilitate procurement related meetings such/ as pre-proposal meetings, post award /conferences, team briefings and evaluation scoring.
- Assist with negotiating contract renewals and amendments
- Assist in conducting needs assessments to determine requirements for the purchase of goods or services.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with UT System policy.
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness
- Monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverables, etc.).
- Oversee Service Level Agreement Compliance.
- Ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree with major course work in business administration or related field and 3- 5 years of relevant experience. Contract Manager Certification from a professional purchasing organization. If not certified, must be certified within 18 months of employment.
Experience in preparation, administration and management of complex solicitations and contracts. Proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and Outlook along with exposure to document control and / or tracking software. Capacity to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders. Good interpersonal skills including sound written and verbal communication skills. Proven accuracy and attention to detail.
Work is performed in an office environment. Uses personal computer and other standard office equipment. Requires occasional evening or weekend hours.