Communications Specialist-Childrens Learning Inst (3475)
Communications Assistance Representative | Houston, TX | Contract
Communications Specialist–Childrens Learning Inst
Work Location: Houston, TX
InGenesis seeks a Communications Specialist to provide a broad range of communications support to departmental programs including writing and editing, project planning, health education/promotion activities. If you meet the skill set and qualifications, please apply and a recruiter will reach out to you to answer any questions you may have.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
• Creating new documents in Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Office with guidance from management
• Updating existing documents in Adobe InDesign, Acrobat Pro, and Microsoft Office to confirm to recent changes in our online platform and services offered to users
• Proofread and copyedit documents, website content, and materials based on established style guidelines to include:
• Updating document tracking sheets in Google Drive and SharePoint as tasks are completed
• Updating website content using content management system
• Correcting faulty spelling, grammar, and punctuation, and incorrect word usage.
• Ensuring consistency in line with our style guide for spelling, hyphenation, numerals, fonts, and capitalization (as detailed in style guidelines).
• Tracking the continuity of content and querying discrepancies (e.g., between the related documents).
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field or relevant experience in lieu of education.
• Experience developing and maintaining website content using content management systems
• Experience using Constant Contact or other email marketing tools
• Experience developing engaging social media content
• Experience using Adobe InDesign, Acrobat Pro, and Microsoft Office to develop and update documents
• Experience copyediting based on established style guidelines
• Experience reviewing and updating website content using a content management system
• Communications and/or editing experience in education or nonprofit setting
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.