CODE REVIEWER & DOCUMENT SPECIALIST 6925I
Health Care | Washington, DC | Full Time, Part Time, and Contract
CODE REVIEWER & DOCUMENT SPECIALIST
An established and successful Texas based Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a full-time CODE REVIEWER & DOCUMENT SPECIALIST to provide services at a government run facility. The position provides an excellent opportunity to enhance and gain valuable work experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of and experience in collecting data, determining accuracy and appropriateness of data based on policy and processes.
2. Ability to create and retrieve reports from electronic health records system.
3. Ability to identify a range of health information management/medical records issues and refer to the appropriate staff and management.
4. Knowledge of the basic principles of standard medical record procedures, methods, and requirements to perform a full range of routine medical records management.
5. Must be able to type on a computer key board at minimum of 40 words per minute.
6. Ability to manage multiple, complex projects from concept stage to completion.
7. Ability to coordinate projects from the concept stage to completion.
8. Knowledge of regulations regarding the confidentiality of patient medical records and Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
9. Extensive knowledge of outpatient coding (CPT and E&M), ICD-9/ICD-10, acceptable documentation practices and Medicare Fee Schedules
10. All additional job functions as outlined in the Position Description provided to interested applicants for their review
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Degree issuing institution and or program must be accredited by an entity recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
1. Minimum requirement: High school diploma or equivalent. A degree in Health Information Science or Healthcare Informatics is preferred but not required.
2. Minimum of three years’ experience working in a healthcare setting with electronic health records.
3. Minimum of three years’ experience working with assigning/reviewing Outpatient coding, to include CPT/E&M, and documentation practices. Previous experience with providing accurate outpatient coding reviews.
4. Experience in assigning/reviewing ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM codes.
5. Experience with the eClinicalWorks electronic health record (preferred but not required).
ATTRIBUTES AND PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES
1. Strong oral and written communication skills.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills.
3. Critical thinking skills
4. Cultural competency.
5. Integrity and honesty.