Clinical Nurse - Labor & Delivery (CLS516an)
Nursing | Newport News, VA | Full Time
CLINICAL NURSE - LABOR AND DELIVERY/POST PARTUM
An established and successful Texas based Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a full time Clinical Nurse/L&D/Post-Partum to provide services to our military and their families in Virginia. The position offers applicants a great opportunity to gain valuable work experience while servicing our military.
JOB FUNCTIONS (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO)
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality and cost effectiveness
- Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility
- Current unrestricted RN license in any of the 50 US and/or its territories
- Basic Life Support-American Heart Association-Healthcare Provider (BLS)
- Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) by the American Academy of Pediatrics
- 24 months of experience within the last 36 months as a tri-qualified in-patient Obstetrical Nurse: Nursery, L&D, and Post-Partum
- Knowledge of professional care theories
- Knowledge of wide range of medical disorders such as premature birth, fetal death, forceps delivery, and C-Section delivery
- Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and automated medical records
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits
- 2 weeks PTO
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Government Security Clearance
We specialize in providing highly skilled nursing and allied health professionals within hospitals and other health care facilities, as well as positions in sectors such as insurance, pharmaceutical, health management and education. Please apply for other opportunities may present themselves matching your qualifications if not chosen or considered for this position.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.