Clinical Nurse-Internal Medicine (class2761pm)
Nursing | San Antonio, TX | Full Time
Lackland AFB – San Antonio TX
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Clinical Nurse-Internal Medicine-Pulmonary to service our military and their families at Lackland AFB, Texas. Take advantage of this great opportunity to gain valuable work experience. Come join our Team!
Shall provide comprehensive professional specialized nursing care to patients undergoing pulmonary procedures or treatments. Shall provide back-up coverage in other specialized areas requiring conscious sedation such as in Gastroenterology Clinic and Cardiology Clinic.
- A graduate from an associate (ADN) or baccalaureate degree (BSN) program in nursing accredited by a national nursing accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education.
- Maintain an active, valid, current, and unrestricted RN license in the state of Texas.
- Must have experience in the administration of conscious sedation. At least 2 years’ experience in the last 5 years.
- Shall maintain current Advanced Cardiac Life Support certifications.
- Cardiopulmonary experience with at least 2 years’ experience in cardiopulmonary within the last 5 years.
- Possess excellent oral communication skills for patient/family education as well as excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity, including telephone contacts.
- Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices, and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience in assessing adult and geriatric patients, as appropriate. Utilizes the nursing process as a basis for professional practice.
- Knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders/conditions, diagnostic studies and treatments, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of preventive health schedules, disease management and population health principles, and education methods.
- Strongly preferred working knowledge of the military health care system including TRICARE health benefits or a working knowledge of the principles of fee-for-services, preferred provider network and managed care/HMO organizations is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use to include knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient’s condition including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.