Clinical Engineering-Student Extern (MDA-Houston)
Biomedical Equipment Repair Technician Specialist | Houston, TX | Full Time
CLINICAL ENGINEERING – STUDENT EXTERN
A successful and established Texas-based Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a Clinical Engineering – Student Extern to provide services at a premier medical facility in the Houston area. The position offers a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience while networking within the MD Anderson employment system. Join our Team to fulfill the mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research, and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees, and the public.
A Biomedical Student Extern provides and demonstrates semi-technical support for general patient care medical equipment to medical care providers at MD Anderson Cancer Center. This position conducts, records, and assists in databases and spreadsheets and other physical and soft systems to assist Biomed Technical staff in their daily functions in compliance with regulatory guidelines and will practice quality service skills in dealing with customers, other departments, and fellow employees. Executes physical inventory of medical equipment using TMS Pro-OnSite, currently within the Institution, records, enters and notes corrections to be made to the TMS system. “Active” Equipment Inventory database brought up-to-date and increased accuracy of data elements therein.
- Provide auxiliary support and establish support systems for Biomed Technical staff relating to medical equipment inventory
- Responsible for semi-technical assistance on documenting patient medical equipment and scientific instrumentation
- Physically walk assigned areas to validate medical device inventory data or collect devices not previously inventoried. Collect and document results under the direct supervision of Biomed staff as assigned
- Utilize existing Computerized Equipment Management Software System (CEMMS); inventory, record, enter and correct database
- Coordinate efforts with supervisor and Clinical Engineering Specialist
- Comply with regulatory, hospital and departmental rules and regulations
- Work with Clinical Engineering Specialist to ensure tasks are completed safely and correctly
- College-bound or in college to qualify
- Require effective use of Excel spreadsheets and Word to collect medical device inventory data. Data Accuracy is key!
- Prefer previous experience in conducting physical inventories on medical devices within a hospital and physician office setting.
- Prefer some exposure to electrical or mechanical equipment.
- Prefer experience in collecting data, report writing and spreadsheet operations.
- Prefer knowledge of computer hardware and software skills to include Excel, Word, Windows 2000.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.