Chief Dental Officer (2174)
Consultant | Harrisburg, PA | Contract
Chief Dental Officer
Work Location: Harrisburg, PA
This is a joint position in the Department of Human Services and the Department of Health. This joint position serves as the “State Dental Director” for the Department of Health, the Bureau of Health Promotion and Risk Reduction and supports the Bureau’s role as the Department of Health’s focal point for the implementation of interventions which address chronic diseases, injury prevention and their associated risk factors and behaviors, specifically through the planning and administration of a state-wide, evidence-based, public health dental program for improving the oral health of Pennsylvanians. This position is full-time, 18.5 hours per week with the Dept of Health plus 19 hours with DHS.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Serves as the “Chief Dental Officer” for the Department of Public Human Services. This position involves highly professional work as a dental executive in senior management. This position reports directly to the Director of the Bureau of Managed Care Operations. This position involves professional work overseeing the dental care and treatment of Medical Assistance recipients enrolled in the Department’s Fee for Service Program as well as the Department’s Managed Care Programs. This includes HealthChoices, Community HealthChoices and the Children's Health Insurance Program. In addition, this position involves consultative professional work on an “as needed” basis provided to individuals receiving services into programs operated or funded by Office of Children Youth and Families (OCYF), Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (OMHSAS), Office of Developmental Programs (ODP), Office of Income Maintenance (OIM), as well as a technical need for the office of Administration (OA).
• Oversees the Department of Health's oral health initiatives as well as activities associated with the Department of Human Services’ dental programs, providing leadership for both and technical support to other Departments and other Office’s staff in the development and implementation of dental policy for Pennsylvania.
• For the Department of Human Services, this includes review of dental quality management policies and procedures including clinical guidelines, issues of medical necessity and the evaluation of prior authorization criteria in the Managed Care Organizations’ dental policies and procedures and programs, in collaboration with Dental Directors for each Managed Care Organization. For the Department of Health this would include leadership of the Oral Health Stakeholder Group, analysis of policy issues, attendance at State Dental Board Meetings, and general oversight of the state oral health plan and initiatives.
• Provides consultative and advisory services to support the Departments of Human Services and Health. This would include the review and analysis of dental regulations and proposed legislation. This position also has the responsibility for advising the Directors of the Bureaus of Managed Care Operations and Health Promotion and Risk Reduction with particular emphasis on dental issues relative to delivery of care and public health interventions.
• Additionally, this position would, as needed beyond that provided by the MCO Dental Directors, provide clinical consultation to dentists, hygienists, physicians, nurses and other healthcare staff.
• Oversees the on-going development and implementation of dental programs to enhance the number and scope of providers caring for Pennsylvanians.
• Represents the Departments on interagency, statewide and federal level meetings and/or workgroups related to dental policies and procedures.
• Acts as Departments liaison between the dental community and recipients to advance accessibility of dental services.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with dental schools and dental advocacy groups.
• Convenes a ‘Dental Directors’ group and plans meetings on how stakeholders can jointly tackle dental issues.
• Public Health Emergency Response – This position may be given an assignment to support the public health emergency response mission of the Department of Health. Emergency assignments could at times be received with little or no advance notice and may continue for any period of time – ranging from a few hours to several weeks, depending on the nature of the circumstance. The emergency assignments may at times be performed under adverse conditions and may require travel to another site other than the employee’s assigned headquarters for a period of time.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Must be a graduate from an ADA accredited dental school with a DDS or DMD degree and hold a current or renewable PA dental license.
• Must have at least 10 years’ experience working as a practicing dentist.
• Skills required for a PA Licensed Dentist and Master of Public Health.
• Certification in Public Health and Medicaid experience preferred.
• This position will require some travel.
• Master’s degree in Public Health or a Public Health certification is highly preferred.
• Experience working with managed care organizations is preferred.
• Basic computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office products.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.