CERTIFIED TUMOR REGISTRAR (2600-cl)
Health Care | San Antonio, TX | Full Time, Part Time, and Temporary
CERTIFIED TUMOR REGISTRAR
San Antonio, Texas
We seek a Certified Tumor Registrar to assist in a local cancer facility. After reading this posting and you are interested, we encourage you to apply!
- Identify reportable neoplasms. Review and abstract information from patient medical records (including outside records) including demographics, history of neoplasm, diagnostic procedures, final diagnosis, stage, extent of disease and treatment.
- Code and enter into the registry database: topography, morphology, treatment, stage and other required information in compliance with standards set by the Texas Cancer Registry, and departmental standards.
- Review case findings list for reportable cases, correct cases returned by the Texas Cancer Registry and update existing cases in the registry
- Associates Degree in Health Science field preferred. Will consider Post High School coursework in nursing, health information management or related field.
- Certified Tumor Registrar plus minimum three years registry/case abstracting experience
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.