Certified Pharmacy Technician (ohio2117ob)
Pharmacy Technician | Northfield, OH | Full Time
Pharmacy Technician (Certified)
State of Ohio
A successful and established Texas-based Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a full-time Certified Pharmacy Technician to provide services at their state-run healthcare facilities in Northfield OH. The position provides a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience while working within the state employment system. Join our Team and make a positive impact on those who need it most.
Incumbents may perform some or all of these duties or other job-related duties as assigned.
- Assists in filling orders for prescription drugs & pharmaceutical supplies under personal supervision of pharmacist (e.g., enters medication orders & refill requests into pharmacy computer system for pharmacist’ s review; operates computer &/or automated drug distribution system; counts dosages of medications & fills containers; labels containers & assists in pre-packaging operations) or assists with outsourced pharmacy services under the personal supervision of a nurse, pharmacist or prescriber (e.g., checks in pharmacy orders verifying against packing invoice; distributes dispensed prescriptions & self-carry medications; sends new & refill prescriptions to pharmacy).
- Maintains related records & files (e. g., running record of drugs issued; patient’s medication profile), prepares communications & reports (e.g., number of orders filled per day) & updates profiles.
- Assists in inventory control of any medication area (e.g., prepare s supply orders; receives written medication orders & checks for accuracy; maintains inventory records; rotates stock; checks for expired medications; assists in destruction of non-controlled drugs; cleans & stocks shelves; operates motor vehicle to deliver medications to appropriate areas; answers telephone; assists with transport of medications.
MAJOR WORKER CHARACTERISTICS
Knowledge of pharmacy terminology; basic drug information*; quality control procedures; state & federal laws, rules & regulations regarding duties of qualified pharmacy technician, prescription or drug order processing procedures, drug record keeping requirements*, patient confidentiality, security requirements & storage requirements; Skill in computer operation & keyboarding; operation of pharmacy equipment (e.g., packaging machine, fax, printer) *. Ability to add, subtract, multiply & divide whole numbers & calculate fractions; deal with problems involving several variables within familiar context; sort items into categories according to established methods; maintain accurate records; cooperate with co-workers on group projects; read short sentences with concrete vocabulary; lift to 20 pounds. (*) Developed after employment.
MINIMUM CLASS QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Must be eighteen years of age or older
- Possess a high school diploma or a certificate of high school equivalence or was employed prior to April 8, 2009, as a Pharmacy Technician without a high school diploma or certificate of high school equivalence
- Passage of an examination approved by the Ohio state board of pharmacy to determine a person’s competency to perform services as a qualified Pharmacy Technician
- All applicants must submit to a criminal record check in accordance with section 4776.02 of the Ohio Revised Code. An applicant who has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to any felony in this state, any other state or the United States shall be automatically disqualified from selection.
- Note: If the position involves operating a motor vehicle to transport medications, a valid driver’s license is required.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.