Certified Nursing Assistant – Direct Care (PA-mz-rv-ob-km-ap)
Certified Nursing Assistant | Pittsburgh, PA | Full Time
Certified Nursing Assistant – Direct Care
A successful and established Texas based Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for full-time Certified Nursing Assistant(s) to provide services for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The positions offer an opportunity to enhance and/or gain valuable work experience while working within the State Employment System. We have multiple positions and shifts available to meet your work schedule needs.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Must be registered and certified by the Pennsylvania Department of Health as having met the competency requirements for performing nurse aide work.
- Six (6) months of experience as an Aide Trainee; or one year of paid experience in the care and treatment of geriatric or physically ill patients/residents
- Basic Computer Skills to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Products.
Position duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides routine physical resident care.
- Lifts and positions residents.
- Uses crisis pre/intervention techniques.
- Interacts with residents.
- Assists with activities of daily living.
- Acts as a resident advocate.
- Observes and reports resident behavior/condition orally and in writing.
- Operates necessary equipment.
- Responds to emergencies.
- Promotes and maintains a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Performs services in the direct and daily care and rehabilitation of ambulatory and non-ambulatory patients/residents and the maintenance of their quarters.
- Participates on the job, in service and formal training in nursing care procedures to update and maintain non-professional nursing care expertise.
- The work includes assisting and encouraging patients/residents to participate in prescribed rehabilitative and recreational activities as individuals and as members of a group.
- Work is performed under the close supervision of a licensed professional supervisor who reviews work through reports, ward inspections, and observation, but resources are expected to perform the more routine duties independently.
- Nurse aide duties are of limited scope and are performed in accordance with established rules and regulations and under specific instructions from registered nurses and/or physicians.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.