Certified Medical Coder
Medical Coder | Richardson, TX | Contract
Certified Medical Coder CCS or CPC - Richardson
We have an exciting opportunity for a CCS or CPC to work as a Medical Coder to come join our client located in Richardson, TX.
- Translation of ICD-9 codes to ICD-10 codes
- Develop business rules via interviews, translation of governing documents and other means.
- Conduct meetings with personnel and other affected parties impacted by the transition.
- Serve as team expert on Medical Coding methodologies, Claim Adjudication, Reference, Medicaid Policy and related topics.
- Research business rules, requirements, and models.
- Maintain business rules, requirements, and models in a repository.
- Other project-related duties.
- 5 years' (or more) experience in health care insurance; medical review, program integrity, or appeals.
- Experience working with IT developers/programmers in payer environment.
- Experience Medical Coding in payer environment.\
- Strong knowledge of ICD-9/ICD-10 translation
- Extensive knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology and medical terminology.
- Strong knowledge of ICD/CPT/HCPCS coding methodologies
- Superb written and oral communications skills, strong proficiency in English is required.
- Strong knowledge of formal business process documentation
- Ability to effectively communicate to executive management, line management, project management, and team members.
- AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer CPC,CCS Coding Certification
Key Words: Medical Coder, Certified Professional Coder, Certified Coding Specialist