Certified Medical Coder (5465)
Certified Coding Specialist | Chicago, IL | Contract
Certified Medical Coder
Work Location: Chicago, IL
InGenesis is currently seeking a Certified Medical Coder to ensure codes are accurately applied during the medical billing process. In this role, you will serve as the team expert on Medical Coding methodologies, Claim Adjudication, Reference, Medicaid Policy and related topics.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Translate ICD-9 codes to ICD-10 codes.
• Develop business rules via interviews, translation of governing documents, and other means.
• Conduct meetings with personnel and other affected parties impacted by the transition.
• Research and maintain business rules, requirements, and models in repository.
• Perform other project-related duties as necessary or assigned.
• 5+ years' Medical Coding experience in payer environment.
• Strong knowledge of ICD-9/ICD-10 translation.
• Extensive knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology and medical terminology.
• Strong knowledge of ICD/CPT/HCPCS coding methodologies.
• Excellent communications skills (written and oral).
• Strong proficiency in English, required.
• Strong knowledge of formal business process documentation.
• Ability to communicate effectively with executives, project/line management, and team members.
• Experience in policy remediation.
• Claims processing systems experience.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Optum Encoder or other medical coding software programs.
• AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
• Active CPC (Certified Professional Coder) or CCS (Certified Coding Specialist) certification.
• ICD-10 proficiency demonstrated by exam.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.