Certified Medical Coder (3028)
Certified Coding Specialist | Chicago, IL | Contract
Certified Medical Coder
Work Location: Chicago, IL
InGenesis is looking to hire a Certified Medical Coder with solid experience in the translation of ICD-9 codes to ICD-10 codes. Our client has an excellent reputation for keeping their employees, which means they offer a very good work environment. The campus is beautiful, and it is in a great location. The hours are 8-5 Mon-Fri; however, our client does offer flexible starting times. Candidate MUST work onsite/in-office. Remote is not available for this position. This starts contract with an option to get hired.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Translation of ICD-9 codes to ICD-10 codes
• Conduct meetings with personnel and other affected parties impacted by the transition.
• Serve as a team expert on Medical Coding methodologies, Claim Adjudication, Reference, Medicaid Policy, and related topics.
• Research business rules, requirements, and models.
• Maintain business rules, requirements, and models in a repository.
• Serve as the team expert on Medical Coding methodologies, Claim Adjudication, Medicaid Policy and Research/Maintain business rules, requirements, and models
• AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
• Certified Coding Certification: CPC-Certified Professional Coder or CCS-Certified Coding Specialist
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.