Certified Medical Assistant
Health Care | San Antonio, TX | Full Time and Temporary
Assignment Dates 6/19 - 8/31 and may be extended
Work hours Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
Job Responsibilities: Responsible for clinical duties such as taking vital signs, giving injections, performing simple diagnostic tests, collecting specimens, drawing blood, sterilizing and cleaning equipment, maintaining examination rooms at an outpatient care site. May also be responsible for some administrative duties.
Skills: ability to communicate effectively with patients and family members, punctual and responsible in job performance, ability to work in fast paced clinical environment.
- High School diploma and graduate of an approved Medical Assistant program. Must be Certified.
- 1 years of related experience.
- Certification of Basic Life Support training (BLS).
- Current immunizations including TDAP, annual TB skin test (seasonal flu)
- Under FLSA, incumbents in this position are non-exempt."