CASE MANAGER/NURSE CONSULTANT
Occupational Health | Washington, DC | Full Time
CASE MANAGER/NURSE CONSULTANT
InGenesis, Inc. is seeking a full-time CASE MANAGER/NURSE CONSULTANT to work at our client site Federal Occupational Health (FOH) in Washington, DC. FOH is an agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that provides occupational health and wellness services exclusively to federal employees.
- Must have good computer skills
- Must be able to perform identified medical review duties.
- Must have good problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to pass a security clearance.
- Must occasionally work flexible hours.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE:
- Current CPR/AED certification.
- Current RN licensure in one of 50 states or a territory of the United States.
- At least 1-3 years’ experience in Occupational Health or Case Management.
- Must be knowledgeable in OSHA hearing requirements, and interpretation of medical examination findings (including but not limited to: laboratory tests, spirometry and EKG).
- COHN or COHN-S preferred (but not required).
SPECIFIC TASKS: (may include but not limited to):
- Provides consultative assistance for Federal agencies to facilitate and integrate the assessment and management of a mandatory medical program. This includes policy and program development in areas such as early intervention.
- Assesses data management information systems or manual methods of documenting case management. CV must demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills while interviewing various agency employees, managers, health care providers, and Occupational Workers' Compensation Program (OWCP) personnel.
- Communicate with applicants for health pre-screening to determine initial eligibility, and any potential issues related to medical fitness for duty.
- Conduct thorough review of physical examination reports, test reports, and reports from physicians to determine if an applicant meets the medical qualification standards.
- Determine if a medical evaluation is necessary from a Medical Specialist; and communicate findings with applicants.
- Make justifiable medical determinations as to the applicant’s ability to perform all of the essential functions of the job (including physical, ergonomic, visual, and psychological).
- Manage and review a large volume of medical record.
- Request and review military medical records.
- Review select medical records for internal medical review.
- Update electronic databases.
- Maintain and m monitor status of applicant exams.
- Work cooperatively with other team members to support the mission of the Agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance Plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance
Established in 1998, InGenesis enjoys a long history of positive government and commercial relationships with healthcare industry professionals and businesses nationwide. We are the recent recipients of an Inc. 5000 award, and dedicated to servicing our customers.
InGenesis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.