Associate Medical Economist (3326-sc)
Finance | Harrisburg, PA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Associate Medical Economist
Work Location: Harrisburg, PA
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
- Fiscal and program analyses to support Pennsylvania Medical Assistance Program decision-making processes.
- Analyses to support medical assistance business operating decisions and for tracking, reporting and controlling of Medical Assistance costs.
- Analyses to support the development of effective provider network management and reimbursement strategies or identification of abuse or waste in the Medical Assistance program. .
- Cost benefit analyses for new Medical Assistance initiatives
- Medical Assistance cost trend analyses by geography, services provider type, place of service and other factors to discover trends and suggest action plans.
- Fiscal and impact analysis of potential cost containment initiatives.
- Large data set analyses to determine whether targeted cost savings were achieved or to identify future savings targets
- Analyses of various data sets to recommend payment levels and provide fiscal impact estimates
- Development and maintenance of healthcare payment reconciliation systems
- At least 2 years of experience doing medical economic analyses
- A working knowledge of inpatient and outpatient medical industry operations or claims analysis to identify aberrant billing patterns
- High level proficiency in: SAS, SQL, data mining software and Microsoft Office Suite, including Access Excel, Power Point and Word
- Experience in accessing. using and analyzing complex medical information data bases
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.