Administrative Professional (ohio2393ob)
Administrative | Columbus, OH | Full Time
Administrative Professional I
A successful and established Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a full-time Administrative Professional. Monday through Friday, 8am-4pm. The opportunity provides a great work/life balance while providing vital services to those who need it the most.
Join our Team! We encourage you to apply and discover more about this opportunity and others. Upon applying, we will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
MINIMUM CLASS QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
- 1-year training or 1-year experience in secretarial science or business office applications
- Must have 6 months training or 6 months experience in relevant technical terminology
The successful candidate will perform duties which may include, but not limited to:
- Provides secretarial assistance through routine administrative tasks (i.e., independently provides explanation, orally &/or in writing, of services or activities of assigned area, but does not include formulating interpretation of policies & procedures as they would apply in given situation) (e.g., drafts & may sign simple correspondence; researches responses to inquiries; compiles data; prepares reports, gathers statistics & may compile in report form; performs research & writes reports to present straightforward information; sets up office procedures; coordinates daily work flow of office; revises content of manuals & notebooks; requisitions equipment & supplies through either agency purchasing agent or direct contact with established vendors for low cost items that are used repetitively; screens problems & obtains files & records to support same for referral & may resolve only those which do not involve interpretation or judgment of applicability of policies & procedures).
- Provides secretarial assistance in technical environment & transcribes, formats &/or assists in formatting, types & proofs standard &/or technical (i.e., documents requiring use of legal, medical, scientific, statistical,,,,, or foreign language terminology) correspondence & reports.
- Serves as lead worker over office support staff (e.g., office assistants, clerks, word processing specialists) by coordinating work flow & participating in training & evaluation on daily basis or on shift or at office where no higher-level supervisor/manager is located.
- Produces typed copy, to include formatting or assisting in formatting, from standard or confidential written, dictated or oral instructions & proofreads work.
- Performs other clerical duties (e.g., maintains files; sorts and routes mail; answers phones & screens calls; greets visitors; orders & stocks supplies; maintains calendar; makes copies; prepares materials for mailing; prepares time reports for payroll; schedules meetings).
- May require travel to community sites.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.