ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONAL II (OHIO2383-rs)
Administrative | Columbus, OH | Part Time
STATE OF OHIO
We are currently accepting applications for a part-time Administrative Professional located in Columbus OH. The opportunity provides a great avenue to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience while supplementing your income! If this position is of interest, we encourage you to apply and our staff will reach out to you to discuss this position further and answer any questions.
MAJOR WORKER CHARACTERISTICS
Knowledge of English grammar & composition; arithmetic that includes addition, subtraction, multiplication & division; records management; business communications; administrative practices & procedures*; general office practices & procedures; agency-specific office practices & procedures*; budgeting*; government structure & process*. Skill in keyboarding; business office software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office); operation of personal computer & office machines (e.g., transcribing equipment, calculators). Ability to deal with problems involving several variables within familiar context; apply principles to solve practical, everyday problems; interpret instructions in written or oral form; write routine business letters following standard procedures; compose directives, memos & other publications; complete routine forms or records; make appointments; arrange items in numerical or alphabetical order; move fingers easily to perform manual functions; assess questions & provide appropriate information or referral. Other duties as assigned. (*) Developed after employment.
MINIMUM CLASS QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
- Completion of associate core coursework in secretarial science or business office career school or community college, or
- 18 months experience or 18 months training in secretarial/administrative professional field, or
- 6 months experience as Administrative Professional 1, 16871, or
- Equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications for Employment noted above
Position ResponsibIlities (Incumbents may perform some or all these duties or other job-related duties as assigned.)
- Relieves superior of routine administrative duties, makes recommendations regarding program activities, researches & analyzes materials, information & programs, provides technical information & advice to administrators to aid in decision making, assists in developing new procedures related to established program policy, serves as liaison between administrator & subordinates, transmits decisions & directives & represents administrator at meetings & conferences.
- Manages business functions of administrator's office; prepares & monitors budgets; prepares payroll; processes bills for payment; purchases supplies & equipment; keeps fiscal & personnel records; interviews prospective employees.
- Performs public relations duties; researches & responds to inquiries & complaints; furnishes information & explains programs to the public; works on special assignments & projects as directed; prepares reports, publications, memos & presentations for dissemination outside work unit.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.