Administration | Dallas, TX | Full Time
A successful and established Texas based Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a full time Administrative Associate to provide services at a premier medical teaching facility in the Dallas, Texas area. The position offers a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience while working within the University of Texas System under the direction of the Departmental Administrator reporting to the Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry.
- Coordinates supervisor’s schedule; makes travel arrangements, plans meeting itineraries, etc. for supervisor or outside visitors.
- Coordinates details of faculty for department as directed by supervisor or unit head, initiates personnel action documents, including appointment, termination, and/or salary/title changes. Coordinates appointment process for foreign nationals.
- Coordinates scheduling and use of department/division facilities and assets, including arrangements for moves and/or renovations, maintaining accurate space records, recommending and/or approving purchase of equipment and furniture, and maintaining inventory files.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of complex reports requiring significant contact with other departments and outside organizations.
- Provides professional support for special projects, which may include editorial and administrative support for manuscripts and abstracts for publication; prepares materials for oral and/or written presentations; coordinates and prepares materials for courses, meetings, and conferences; performs Library and Internet research. Assist in preparing grants and contracts, which may include assistance with budget preparation and/or oversight.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school graduate and four (4) years related work experience are required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Work requires knowledge of computers, office equipment, and other administrative tasks.*
- Work requires ability to monitor and maintain budget.
- Work requires ability to ensure adherence to all policies and procedures of university, such as FLSA, salary guidelines, accounting regulations, and internal controls policy.
- Work requires ability to coordinate and work independently on projects.
- Work requires ability to work with confidential information on daily basis.
- *Testing may be required.