ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (sca2621mz)
Administrative | Dallas, TX | Full Time
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Administrative Assistant I. The position offers a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience while working at a premiere Medical Center focusing on medical education and biomedical research. The position provides for a great work/life balance.
Join our Team! Make a difference in your community. We encourage you to apply and discover more about this opportunity. Upon applying and meeting the qualifications, we will reach out to you and answer any further questions you may have about this opportunity.
Works under general supervision to provide secretarial and clerical support for day-to-day operations in department or division office.
- Transcribes dictation that may involve use of medical or scientific terminology; ensures correct format, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Types correspondence, memorandums, grants, manuscripts, book chapters, etc. from complex rough drafts, which may involve special formats and complicated footnotes.
- Composes letters, memorandums, and other non-routine correspondence for supervisor's signature.
- Processes and submits on-line forms; pays invoices.
- Coordinates meetings and conferences for supervisor or other staff members.
- Makes appointments and maintains supervisor's calendar; makes travel and hotel reservations for supervisor or other staff members.
- Receives, screens, and directs visitors as required; answers and makes telephone calls; transfers calls, takes messages, or answers questions as necessary, including patient related calls and appointments.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes incoming mail; makes copies; faxes documents; makes deliveries on and off campus.
- Completes moderately complex projects and reports as requested by supervisor using word processing, spreadsheet, or database applications.
- Retrieves articles from Library; makes copies, including performing on-line library searches.
- Maintains various files and records for operating unit, which may include vacation/sick leave, personnel files, etc.; handles confidential and sensitive information in appropriate manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduation or GED and two (2) years related secretarial/administrative experience.
- Work requires knowledge of computers, office equipment, and other administrative tasks.*
- Work requires ability to coordinate and work independently on projects.
- Work requires ability to communicate effectively with various levels of internal and external contacts concerning general policies and procedures.
- Work requires ability to work with confidential information on daily basis.
- Ability to provide “customer service focus”.
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills to contribute to objectives of organization.
- Adaptability/flexibility to react positively to changes in work environment.
- Initiative to improve productivity and quality of work.
- Ability to plan and organize work in logical and efficient manner.
- Testing may be required.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.